1) To help in breaking down harmful and archaic cultural beliefs regarding grief, loss and trauma, beliefs that are outdated, full of misinformation, unrealistic societal expectations and victim blaming mentality, as opposed to compassion, kindness and inclusivity default settings.
2) To assist in educating society what to say, do/not to say and not to do.
3) To assist in empowering support networks through education.
4) To assist and support bereaved parents and their families.
5) To connect people, including bereaved parents with other bereaved parents, assisting bereaved parents in accessing much needed specific resources and lastly, bereaved parents with their immediate support networks.
6) To aid in creating frameworks and programs to reduce the loneliness and the isolation that many bereaved parents experience.
7) To give bereaved parents a desperately needed voice. To provide platforms and opportunities for bereaved parents to speak, connect and join groups.
8) To advocate for bereaved parents in situations and places they are unable to.
9) To provide assistance that comes from a place of sincerity, lived in experience and true empathy.
10) To help others to learn how to sit with bereaved parents pain, subsequently developing the skills as to how to make the bereaved parents reality the focus, as opposed to their own discomfort.
Please feel free to share your truth in the comments below...